The spring street sweeping program is not intended to collect leaves or yard waste. Yard waste should be brought to one of the City’s Drop-Off Centers.
The DPW&P strives to reach the best possible balance when notifying the public of the upcoming street sweeping schedule. We wish to give residents enough notice to sweep sidewalk debris into the street gutter, but also not to impose longer than necessary on-street parking restrictions.
Generally, notice is given 1-2 days in advance. However, a variety of factors may impact our ability to sweep streets such as inclement weather, etc. We appreciate resident cooperation for the duration of the program.
The annual Spring Street Sweeping program typically starts the first week in April, depending on weather.
Public Notice: The 2021 Spring Sweeping Program is complete.
Date: Starts April, depending on weather.
- Arterial streets are swept 11:30 p.m. – 7:30 a.m., Monday – Friday
- Residential streets are swept 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Monday – Friday
- Street sweeping will begin in the section of the City that has trash collected on Tuesday, then progress to the Friday, Thursday, Monday and Wednesday trash collection areas.
- A Parking Ban will be in effect while street is being swept. Vehicles that interfere with street sweeping will be tagged and may be towed. There is a $50 fine for cars that interfere with street sweeping.
- Street Sweepers cannot pick up brush, branches or yard waste. Bring these items to one of the City’s yard waste drop-off sites.
- Sweep sidewalk debris into street gutter prior to street sweeping. Do not place debris in streets after they have been swept. Violators are subject to fines.
- Streets will be posted approximately 1 – 2 days prior to street sweeping.
- A Parking Ban will be in effect while street is being swept.
- Failure to follow parking ban may result in a ticket or tow.
Other notification options:
- Sign up for ALERTWorcester
- Worcester Telegram & Gazette
- Government Access Channel 192
- Call Customer Service at 508-929-1300.